Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year 2014

The Daruma above served me well in 2013,
and their eyes have been filled in as I have 
completed my 2013 goals -


But it is now time to put my new Daruma into service.
A spiffy modern version of a very old Japanese tradition
- gifted to me at Christmas time.

This little fellow (designed by Paul Loebach for Areaware) came with these simple details:
The Daruma is a traditional Japanese talisman for focusing on personal goals.  Modelled after Bodhidharma, the founder of Zen Buddhism, it is a popular gift of encouragement.  When one is received, set a goal or make a wish and fill in one eye to illustrate your intention.  The other eye watches over you as a constant reminder and guide.  Once your goal is reached fill in the other eye and display the Daruma as a symbol of your success.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL!


2 comments:

  1. What a great little legend. Trust the Japanese. Thanks for sharing Rob. Have a ripper of a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of the Daruma before, what a lovely way to give our projects a body and (fore)sight! I think I'll create one myself, it will help me watch over the skeptic in me. Happy new year and may all your projects ripen and bloom.

    ReplyDelete