Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Sardine Tin

Decided to try something different with this book.  
Hadn't painted in a long time and have had an idea for a sardine tin book rolling around in my head for a while now. 
I had been going to cut out a hole in the book and then make sardines with silver leaf to go in the book, however, I decided to spend my afternoon painting the cover with oils instead.  
I did use silver leaf for the base of the sardines, so not totally off the original idea.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're painting again, the cover is lovely and completely changes the perception of the book while not removing the original content. I love watching your ideas evolve!! x A